I eat a huge salad almost every day. I know, this sounds boring and uninspiring, but it doesn’t have to be, as I’m about to show you with this salad making “guide”. Why?
- In the event you are bored with your current lunch.
- Or need some new mix and match salad ideas. With unlimited combinations.
- You find yourself unsatisfied and still hungry after you’ve eaten a salad.(See fat and protein options below! You must include some satisfaction factor in your bowl, so you aren’t left feeling snackey in the late afternoon.)
- Salads are a great way to eat loads of veggies at once. And you need to eat veggies so…
- You’ve been buying heavily processed dressing and wishing you had an easy and delicious balsamic dressing recipe. (Included at the end. You’re welcome)
Start with a slow digesting carb. Choose 1
- Brown Rice (MyFav)
- Sweet Potatoes
Greens Options. Choose 1-2
- Butter lettuce
- Mixed greens
Raw/Roasted Veggie Options. Choose as many as you’d like.
- Snap peas
- Roasted Asparagus/Potatoes/Cauliflower/Brocoli/Eggplant/Parsnips
Fruit Options. Choose 1-2
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Dried Cranberries/Cherries
- Kalamata olives
Yummy Fat Options. Choose 1-2
- Feta Cheese
- Pine nuts
- Goat cheese
Protein Options. Choose 1-2
- Grilled Chicken
- Ground Turkey
- 1 TBSP Dijon Mustard
- 1 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 3 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 TBSP Olive Oil (good fat!)
Would love to see what you create in your bowl! Share your photos at email@example.com
Want to hear more from me? Sign up here to receive my weekly newsletter!